The Three Musketeers: Film #138 of Film 365

Saturday 11th February 2012

Director: Stephen Herek
Year: 1993
Stars: Chris O'Donnell, Kiefer Sutherland, Oliver Platt, Charlie Sheen, Tim Curry, Michael Wincott, Rebecca DeMornay, Hugh O'Conor

I've seen this before, but it was some time ago. I remember really quire enjoying it though. Although I suspect that this may well have had something to do with the fact that I was about 14, and Kiefer Sutherland is in it. None of this stopped me wanting to watch it again though - in fact, watching a fun, swashbuckling movie on a lazy Saturday afternoon sounded like a great idea!

There are no surprises with the storyline here. An evil cardinal (Curry) wants to kill the King of France (O'Conor) and take the power for himself, and The Three Musketeers (Sutherland, Platt and Sheen), along with D'Artagnan (O'Donnell), must stop him. I still enjoyed the parts with Kiefer Sutherland, but this is clearly a movie made for teenage girls. It feels very much like a precursor to Pirates of the Caribbean (this is a Disney movie after all), but with a less mental storyline and no Johnny Depp.

Rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.