Twilight, Eclipse and New Moon: Films #88, 89 and 90 of Film 365

Monday 7th November, Wednesday 9th November and Friday 11th November

Directors: Catherine Hardwicke (Twilight), Chris Weitz (New Moon), David Slade (Eclipse)
Years: 2008 (Twilight), 2009 (New Moon), 2010 (Eclipse)
Stars: Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner, Billy Burke, Peter Facinelli, Ashley Greene, Jasper Rathbone, Nikki Reed, Kellan Lutz, Anna Kendrick, Christian Serratos, Dakota Fanning, Sarah Clarke

As I had a fair few free evenings at home by myself this week, it seemed like a good opportunity to re-watch all the Twilight movies - and it felt especially appropriate what with Breaking Dawn being released next week. I've already blogged about Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse - but I also said that I wanted to watch them again when I was by myself, and see if my reactions were the same. I wouldn't always count films that I've watched twice in quick succession; but watching all three felt like enough of a commitment that I could count the movies towards my 365!

Well, my opinion of the movies hasn't really changed. My favourite movie is still the first Twilight - I love the music, the plot, the dialogue, just everything about it. If anything, it's grown on me with repeated viewings. New Moon is second best, but it can't live up to the simplicity of Twilight. Eclipse has grown on me a little, but it still has its problems. Without having read the book, there are things that would annoy me. I found I was filling in the back story in my head as I went along, and as I was doing this I realised that without that knowledge the film wouldn't make half as much sense to a viewer. So although I might give both New Moon and Eclipse an extra half a star after a second viewing, I think it's fair to stand by my original ratings.

Rating:
Twilight: 5 out of 5
New Moon: 4 out of 5
Eclipse: 3.5 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.