Twilight: Film #62 of Film 365

Wednesday 24th August 2011

Director: Catherine Hardwicke
Year: 2008
Stars: Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Billy Burke, Anna Kendrick, Christian Serratos, Kellan Lutz, Cam Gigandet

OK, so this might be a bit controversial - but I loved this movie. Maybe it's because I'm just a sucker for a vampire story, or maybe it's just the 15-year-old girl in me showing itself, but I enjoyed this a lot. So much so I had to blog about it straight away, because I was so excited by it! Although I knew basically what the story was about (is there anybody out there who doesn't?), I haven't actually read the books so didn't know the full story. So this was really all quite new to me.

The story follows Bella (Stewart), as she decides to move to Forks, the town where her dad lives. There she meets Edward Cullen (Pattinson). She knows something a bit odd is up, but it takes her a while to figure out what. That's half the joy of the movie - watching her figure it out, and how the characters deal with it while she does, and afterwards. I also have to say that I really enjoyed Pattinson's performance in this. I'd only really seen him in Harry Potter before (as Cedric Diggory), and thought he was perfectly good in that. Here he, of course, plays moody and brooding - but that's exactly what's called for. If I was Bella, I'd probably fall for him too...

Right, I'm off to be excited and happy about finding a movie I really, really enjoyed. And possibly watch it again. Right now. Oh, and added bonus: wait for the soundtrack over the end credits and you get to hear "Leave out all the rest" by Linkin Park.

Rating: 5 out of 5 (and I don't care if that brands me as a 15-yr old Twi-hard, I loved it)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.