May - December 2015 films

2015 was a busy year. I had a baby, bought a new car, spent 3 months in California... and didn't update this blog once between July and December. What I did do, however, was watch a number of movies. Maybe not during the summer, when we were in sunny California and there were sunny, outdoor things to do (and two children to look after 24/7). But when we got back in September I started taking the baby to baby cinema - and found time for myself occasionally to watch a movie or two on TV. However, I totally failed to write about any of them on this blog. So this is my attempt to make up for that...

Now, writing full reviews of movies I saw 4 months ago now seems a little excessive, so I'm going with a list format, and just a simple star rating:

October
Miss You Already - 3.5 stars
Hancock - 3 stars
The Intern - 4 stars
The Martian - 2.5 stars
Having You -3 stars
Warm Bodies -4 stars

November
Stoker - 2.5 stars
Brooklyn - 5 stars
Spectre - 3 stars
The Lady in the Van - 2 stars
The Hunger Games: The Mockingjay Part 1 - 4 stars
The Hunger Games: The Mockingjay Part 2 - 3 stars

December
The Good Dinosaur - 3 stars
The Bourne Legacy - 2 stars

All of this leads me on to the fact that it is also time (well, it was a month ago) to do my 2015 review. It's unlikely to be as in-depth as previous years, given how well my film blogging has gone this year, but I'll give it a go in the next post...


No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.