February 2015 films

As you can see, this monthly review is two months late. However, in some ways, it's right on time. Because do you know how many movies I've watched since 1st March? Zilch. Nada. Zero. Yep, not one. This may have something to do with the arrival of a new baby - not to mention organising a trip to the USA, buying a new car, dealing with an incredibly stroppy toddler...

Anyways, here are the films I did manage to watch in February, when I was sat at home waiting for a baby to arrive and had a lot more spare time than I do now!
  • Cuban Fury (2014) - 3 stars
  • All Good Things (2010) - 2.5 stars
  • The Avengers (2012) - 3 stars
  • American Reunion (2012) - 4 stars
  • The Raven (2012) - 4stars
  • Quartet (2012) - 1 star
Whilst there are a number of average movies in here, Film of the Month and Film not to waste your time on are both fairly easy.

There are two contenders for Film of the Month - American Reunion and The Raven. Both incredibly enjoyable movies in their own way, they are very different, which does make it difficult to pick one over the other. I'd be happy to watch either of them again, but on balance I think The Raven has to be my Film of the Month. I really enjoyed John Cusack's performance here, and I have to admit that generally I prefer a thriller to a comedy - making me more slightly likely to re-watch this and not American Reunion.

Film not to waste your time on is, however, incredibly easy. Quartet involves watching a bunch of actors run around being ridiculous, and pretending that they're doing it for the sake of acting. This isn't acting, it's just idiocy. Boring idiocy at that.

Film of the Month: The Raven
Film not to waste your time on: Quartet

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.