Cuban Fury

Friday 28th February 2015

Director: James Griffiths
Year: 2014
Stars: Nick Frost, Rashida Jones, Chris O'Dowd

I watched this the day before my daughter was born, so forgive me if I didn't pay full attention or can't remember the details (especially as I'm writing this a full two months later).

Cuban Fury tells the story of Bruce Garrett (Frost), a man who used to be a champion salsa dancer as a child but gave it all up due to a bullying incident. Now in his thirties, he's overweight and thinks his new boss, Julia (Jones) is out of his league. Can you guess where this is going? Yep, to a salsa dance floor.

It's not a complicated movie, and I have to admit it didn't have my full attention, but it was quite an enjoyable easy watch. Not a bad choice if you want something easy-going.

Rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.