It's Complicated

Thursday 17th April 2014

Director: Nancy Meyers
Year: 2009
Stars: Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin, Steve Martin

It's really not. In fact, it's rather dull. A divorced couple (Streep and Baldwin) start to see something in each other again, and begin to have an affair. Except one of them is horrid, and the other one is bonkers.

What is complicated is the reason why I chose to watch this. I suspect I fancied the idea of a romantic comedy because I haven't seen one in ages.It's just a shame I picked one with no romance and unfunny comedy (not there was even a lot of that). I also really need to remember that I find Meryl Streep incredibly annoying. I can cope with her as the supporting actress, but put her in a lead role and I'm put off instantly (Mamma Mia, for some bizarre reason, being the exception to this rule).

If you like Meryl Streep, you'll probably love this. If you're me, read reviews like this before watching anything with her in it again.

Rating: 2 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.