Angels and Demons

Saturday 8th March 2014

Director: Ron Howard
Year: 2009
Stars: Tom Hanks, Ewan McGregor,Ayelet Zurer, Stellan Skarsgard

Another movie that we've had sitting waiting to be watched for some time, one of the main reasons we hadn't gotten around to it yet was that it's nearly 2 and a half hours long. This coupled with the fact that neither of us were expecting it to be that good (although I still wanted to watch it) meant it had been ignored for a while.

Angels and Demons was better than expected. The basic premise is, unsurprisingly, quite silly (a scientist [Hanks] has to save the church from a terrorist act), but if you can get over/ ignore this set-up the rest of the movie is quite enjoyable. There's plenty of clue-solving, death and running around in circles, which is fine if you enjoy that sort of thing.

There's not a lot else to say really. If you plan to watch this you probably already know what you're getting yourself into, and you probably won't be too disappointed.

Rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.