Wedding Daze

Tuesday 5 November 2013

Director: Michael Ian Black
Year: 2006
Stars: Jason Biggs, Isla Fisher, Michael Weston

Yep, still ill. Still finding bizarre movies to watch. This time round, I fancied something a little more light-hearted. Well, Wedding Daze is certainly that. Along with being odd.

Close to the start of the movie Anderson (Biggs) asks Katie (Fisher) to marry him. They have never met each other. That's the least ridiculous thing that happens in this movie. If you're happy to go along with this and suspend all sense of disbelief, this has some very funny moments. If you can't get over how stupid an initial plot devise that is, you'll hate everything that follows.

Thankfully, I was ill. I was willing to let most things go. And even laugh about a number of them. The story may have been a little different if I'd chosen to watch this at the cinema...

Rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.