The Invasion

Wednesday 6 November 2013

Director: Oliver Hirschbiegel, James McTeigue
Year: 2007
Stars: Nicole Kidman, Daniel Craig, Jeremy Northam, Jackson Bond

Yep, still ill. And getting a bit fed up with it now. So, in order to make myself not fear illness at all, I decided to watch a movie called The Invasion. All about people who get ill and have their bodies invaded by aliens that are slowly taking over the human race. And if you're thinking that this sounds like the plot of The Host (or, I've been informed, World's End), you're right. It takes a slightly different point of view, but the premise is basically exactly the same.

However, it's not badly done. As alien invasion movies go, it's actually pretty enjoyable and kept me watching. Of course, I knew pretty much who was going to survive and who wasn't (this is a Hollywood alien invasion movie, after all), but I didn't necessarily know how we were going to get there. Pretty average, but enjoyably so.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.