Django Unchained

Sunday 4th August 2013

Director: Quentin Tarantino
Year: 2012
Stars: Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio, Kerry Washington, Samuel L. Jackson

Well, this was an unexpected, but very pleasant, surprise. I wanted to watch Django Unchained when it was released at the cinema earlier in the year - but you try going to see a 3 hour movie with a 6 month old baby. It doesn't seem totally fair on the babysitter.

So when my hubby's grandparents suggested we go and watch it, I wasn't going to refuse. And I wasn't disappointed. To some extent, if you know it's a Tarantino movie, and you've seen the trailer, you should know approximately what you're going to get. I did, and I was more than happy with it.

In Django, the lead character (Foxx), a freed slave, goes in search of his wife, who is working on a different plantation. Remember that this is a 3 hour long Tarantino movie, so things get somewhat more complicated than that, but that's the basic idea. There's lots of swearing and shooting and blood, but that was all OK with me. One of those movies I love, but where my mum sits there going "I don't know why you watched that, they all end up dead anyway". (And I don't think that's giving anything anyway - partially because it's only half true).

Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.