July-August 2013 films

This post has taken a while to write - not really because I've been lazy, but because I was waiting to see if it was worth adding September films to it. As I've watched three movies in September already, and we're only half way through, I figured I'd save them for another month. So, without further ado, here is my July/ Aug list of movies:
  • Django Unchained (2012) (4 stars)
  • The Kids Are All Right (2010) (2.5 stars)
  • Rabbit Hole (2010) (5 stars)
  • The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud (2010) (2.5 stars)
So, not many to cover - and a fairly obvious Film of the Month! Nothing on the list above is going to beat Rabbit Hole; a really good, powerful movie - one that was better than I was expecting, and one which reduced me to tears more than once.

Film not to waste your time on isn't actually much harder - although two of the movies scored 2.5, one of them was simply rather boring. The other one, The Kids Are All Right, actually annoyed me. So that easily wins the dubious honour of Film not to waste your time on.

Film of the Month: Rabbit Hole
Film Not to Waste Your Time On: The Kids Are All Right


No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.