Six months of movies

As you may have noticed, posts on this blog have taken something of a backseat since August of last year. That may have been due to a new arrival in the household, who made an appearance a month or so early.

Six months on, and I've only managed to watch 14 movies - approximately 2 a month. It's like there has been something else taking up my time. Being that this would take my total number of movies 184 in almost two years, I think it's fair to say my Film 365 project has been something of a failure.

So, in an attempt to resurrect this blog, I'm going to take a different approach... below is a list of the movies I have watched in the last six months (I have at least kept tabs on that). I'm not going to review them fully, as some of them were watched so long ago now my reviews would not do them justice. I am going to score them though, as I can at least remember whether I liked them or not! And where they are movies I've watched before, I'll link to the original review (if there is one).

(500) Days of Summer (4 stars - although I did watch this the day before the little one came along, so my memory is a tad hazy)
Before Sunset (5 stars)
Bel Ami (2 stars)
Night and Day (2.5 stars)
127 Hours (4 stars)
Skyfall (3 stars)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 (4 stars)
Eclipse (4 stars)
Four Christmases (3 stars)
Disney's A Christmas Carol (4 stars)
The Lady and The Tramp (4.5 stars)
Cemetery Junction (3.5 stars)
Valkyrie (3.5 stars)
Oranges and Sunshine (4 stars)

From now on, I will attempt to review movies as I watch them - but there are likely to be a lot less movies than in the past! It'll probably depend upon how many movies I watch as to whether or not I bother with a monthly review - I might make it quarterly, or half yearly, if that seems more appropriate.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.