July 2012 films

Once again, the amount of films I watched in July was pretty rubbish. The amount of time it's taken me to blog about them is even more rubbish. Being that it's already the 20th August, you can probably guess how many movies I've watched this month so far... July did start off a little better than that at least! Here's the full list:
  • The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - 3.5 stars
  • Transamerica (2005) - 4 stars
  • Race to Witch Mountain (2009) - 2.5 stars
  • Adulthood (2009) - 3 stars
  • Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (2009) - 4 stars
  • St Trinian's 2: The Legend of Fritton's Gold (2009) - 2.5 stars
  • Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter 3D (2012) - 3.5 stars
There are a lot of pretty average movies in here, which is a shame considering I've only watched 7 in total. Two stand out as notably better than the others though, and these are Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince and Transamerica. In some ways, it's really hard to pick between them as they are just so different. But I'm going to go with Transamerica as my Film of the Month, because it's so different to most movies. It's memorable, has some great talking points, and some excellent acting. I'd happily recommend this to others, and more than willingly watch it again (not that I wouldn't watch Harry Potter either, of course).

Film not to waste your time on also isn't that easy. Although there are a lot of average movies in here, none of them are real stinkers. As I have to pick, I'm going with St Trinians 2. In fairness, that and Race to Witch Mountain have equal things to recommend them (or not), but I just find St Trinians 2 a little harder to recall. Which suggests it wasn't quite as much fun to watch.

So, on to Film 365 (ha ha ha). Here are the figures: As of 31st July, I had watched 170 of 365 movies (46%), but I was 143 days (about 4 and a half months) behind the deadline.

Film of the Month: Transamerica
Film not to waste your time on: St Trinian's 2: The Legend of Fritton's Gold

No of films watched: 170/365
Target no. of Film 365 films to have watched: 365+142

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.