Dan in Real Life: Film #161 of Film 365

Sunday 17th June 2012

Director: Peter Hedges
Year: 2007
Stars: Steve Carrell, Juliette Binoche, Dianne Wiest

I was utterly convinced I hadn't seen this before. So, when, in the first five minutes my other half proclaimed that he'd seen this before, I was rather dismissive. Five minutes later, he had me doubting myself. Ten minutes later, I had to concede that he was right. I'd seen this before too. Which is probably a good indicator of how memorable it was first time round.

Not only had I seen this before - I even blogged about it. And my opinion hasn't really changed. It's a totally average, clearly unmemorable movie, with nothing much to recommend it in any way. Unless you like cheesy American romantic comedies.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5 (it loses half a star for being so utterly forgettable)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.