March 2012 films

If you've been paying attention to this blog recently, you'll know that March hasn't exactly been full of movie-watching activity. When you have to inform everyone you're pregnant, celebrate two birthdays, and have a new house to decorate and move into, movies take something of a backseat. So the grand total of March movies is three:
  • The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists! (2012) - 3 stars
  • Nowhere Boy (2008) - 4 stars
  • Skin (2008) 4 stars
None of these movies were really stand-out movies, but none of them were particularly bad either. So to call them Film of the Month and Film not to waste your time on isn't really fair, but if I had to choose my Film of the Month would be Nowhere Boy. It's a memorable, interesting take on John Lennon's early life, without forcing the Beatles down your throat.

My Film not to waste your time on would be The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists!, but this is entirely unfair. In any other month it would sit squarely in the middle of the list, and be one of those average-OK, mostly forgotten about, movies. It's highly unlikely to make any Worst Film of the Year lists.

With such a movie-free month, Film 365 has taken something of a hit. I've watched 148 of the 365 movies (still 40%), but should have watched all 365 movies by 11th March. So now it's just a case of working out how far behind I am when I reach 365 films. At the end of March I was 20 days behind.

Film of the Month: Nowhere Boy
Film not to waste your time on: The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists! (but it's still not a bad movie)

No of films watched: 148/365
Target no. of Film 365 films to have watched: 365+20

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.