Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides: Film #106 of Film 365

Sunday 25th December 2011

Director: Rob Marshall
Year: 2011
Stars: Johnny Depp, Geoffrey Rush, Penelope Cruz, Ian McShane, Kevin McNally

Happy Christmas! On Christmas Day, it turns out that I got hoards of DVDs as presents. This was no bad thing, as they all came off of my Amazon wish list, so I really wanted them all. Now I just have to find time to watch them... admittedly, I have seen most of them before - which is why I was happy to have them on DVD. They're movies I know I will happily watch more than once.

My first chance to watch one came on Christmas Day morning itself, when I ended up having time to settle down to watch the fourth Pirates of the Caribbean movie. This was mostly thanks to the men in the house, who ended up cooking the Christmas dinner. I originally saw Pirates in the cinema this summer, and was mostly happy with it. However, my original trepidation with the movie remained a little before I started watching the DVD. I had only seen the movie once, and whilst I could remember enjoying it, I couldn't really remember exactly how much.

Well, I think it's fair to say I enjoyed it more second time round. Perhaps I was just in the right mood, perhaps repeated viewings of things you like just generally make them better, but my Christmas morning was improved vastly for having a chance to re-watch Pirates 4.

Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.