Nativity!: Film #105 of Film 365

Friday 23rd December 2011

Director: Debbie Isitt
Year: 2009
Stars: Martin Freeman, Marc Wooton, Jason Watkins, Ashley Jensen, Pam Ferris, Alan Carr

Another Christmas movie that I had vaguely wanted to see when it was released, I hadn't been enthusiastic enough to drag anybody to the cinema to see it. So when it made it to TV, I was keen to give it a try.

Nativity! is exactly what you expect it to be. Paul Maddens (Freeman) is a teacher who has lost any love of Christmas he used to have, because that's when his girlfriend left him. And if you can't guess where Nativity! is going with this, you really have never watched a Christmas movie.

What Nativity! does, it does perfectly well. It just doesn't do anything new, resulting in your average Christmas movie and not really much more than that.

Rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.