Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa: FIlm #107 of Film 365

Monday 26th December 2011

Director: Eric Darnell, Tom McGrath
Year: 2008
Stars: Ben Stiller, Chris Rock, David Schwimmer, Jada Pinkett-Smith (voices)

Madagascar 2 was one of those random movies that is on over Christmas that you watch. I was quite happy to watch it, having seen the first Madagascar and quite enjoyed it.

This time, the animals are trying to fly back to New York, but instead end up crashing in Africa - luckily right in the middle of the reserve Alex grew up, meaning he gets to be reunited his parents. Of course, nothing is that simple in a movie and the New York zoo animals end up learning all about how life in Africa is very different from what they're used to.

Just as with the first Madagascar, the penguins are the best things in this. Unfortunately, the first Madagascar beats this movie in every other way. There's nothing particularly wrong with Madagascar 2 - it's just very standard.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.