The Christmas Gift: Film #100 of Film 365

Sunday 11th November 2011

Director: David S. Cass Sr.
Year: 2009
Stars: Dean Cain, Jean Louisa Kelly, Mimi Kennedy, Spencir Bridges, Dylan Sprayberry, Alex Zubarev

Yey, Film #100! Only 265 to go then...

So, in a complete 180 degree turn from Inside Job, I decided Sunday evening was Christmas movie time. And not good Christmas movie time. Smaltzy, sickly, sweet, Hollywood-all-the-way Christmas movie time. The kind where you know what the ending will be in the first five minutes. And you know you're right.

As that sort of Christmas movie goes, The Christmas Gift isn't bad. It has everything you'd want and expect (naughty kids that aren't really at all naughty, big Christmas trees, a relatively good looking leading man...). But you'll only enjoy it if you're in the mood - and don't hate this sort of movie. I was perfectly happy.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5

PS The movie is listed on IMDB as The Three Gifts - we weren't watching the 1986 John Denver movie (which I've also never heard of, but hey). The Christmas Gift appears to be an alternative title for this movie that C5 like to use!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.