Arthur Christmas: Film #102 of Film 265

Wednesday 21st December 2011

Director: Sarah Smith, Barry Cook
Year: 2011
Stars: James McAvoy, Jim Broadbent, Hugh Laurie, Bill Nighy, Imelda Staunton, Ashley Jensen (voices)

As I was in the mood for some Christmas fun, Arthur Christmas seemed like the perfect choice of movie to go and see at the cinema. Clearly I wasn't the only one with that idea four days before Christmas - the theatre was packed. It probably helped that the movie had come recommended by friends who had seen it.

As it turns out, Arthur Christmas probably isn't that special a movie. What it is, though, is a great Christmas movie. Like many movies, you'll know the ending long before it comes - but it isn't really about the ending. Not just that, anyway. It's about the joys of Christmas and the wonder of Santa. If you love Christmas, there's nothing quite like Arthur Christmas to put you in the right mood for it.

A great addition to the Christmas movie canon - it's basically just a big Christmas hug. With a pink twinkly bicycle.

Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.