The Accidental Husband: Film # 110 of Film 365

Thursday 29th December 2011

Director: Griffin Dunne
Year: 2008
Stars: Uma Thurman, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Colin Firth

The main reason for choosing to watch this was its length. At just 1 hour and 20 minutes, it was a good excuse not to clean the house for an extra hour or so. Of course, I had originally wanted to see it - it sounded like a good, easy-to-watch romantic comedy.

I was right about it being a romantic comedy. And a relatively easy to watch one at that. However, the word "good" may be taking things a little bit far. The Accidental Husband is nothing if not your average romantic comedy. There's not necessarily anything wrong with that. I know what I'm getting with romantic comedies, and am happy to give them a watch every so often.

The problem with this particular movie is that none of the characters are particularly likable - apart from perhaps the guy who gets ditched. And that's still just Colin Firth doing "romantic comedy Colin Firth". Oh, sorry, did that spoil the plot for you? Really?

Rating: 2 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.