Flightplan

Friday 4th February 2011

Director: Robert Schwentke
Year: 2005
Stars: Jodie Foster, Peter Sarsgaard, Sean Bean

Another movie that has been sat waiting to be watched for ages, this is your pretty standard Hollywood thriller. You're told exactly what to think, and meant to believe you're one step ahead when you're really a step behind. In reality, you can see what's coming a mile off and it's not hard to see the ending long before it arrives.

Kyle Pratt (Jodie Foster)'s husband has just died, and she and her daughter are heading back to the US from Germany to bury the body. Except, early on during the flight, Pratt's daughter goes missing.

There's nothing new here, and not really much to say. If you like Hollywood thrillers, this will fill up a couple of hours of your time perfectly adequately. You won't remember it a week later though.

Rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.