Tuesday 28 December 2010

I Am Legend

Director: Francis Lawrence
Year: 2007
Stars: Will Smith

A slightly less cheery film than the last one, but one I had wanted to see for a while, and that was being shown on TV this evening.

Here, Will Smith plays Robert Neville - one of the last survivors (along with his dog Sam) in New York , and possibly the world, after a plague kills off the rest of the population. As the film goes on we slowly find out more about what happened to those human beings that weren't lucky enough to survive, and why Neville does odd things such as shutting his house down completely at night.

This is a perfectly enjoyable apocalypse movie, with some interesting ideas and twists. It's not the best example out there (see Children of Men or The Road for some properly different takes on the whole idea), but it's a good example of what it is, and well worth a watch.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.