Wednesday 10th November 2010

The Social Network

Director: David Fincher
Year: 2010
Stars: Jesse Eisenberg, Andrew Garfield, Justin Timberlake

This was better than I was expecting it to be. I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting, but not something this, well, enjoyable, or funny. I didn't really think I was in the mood to watch it when we went to the cinema, but after 10 mins I'd settled into the movie and was happily going with the flow.

The Social Network is, perhaps unsurprisingly, all about Facebook and how it began. It tells how Mark Zuckerberg created the site, and how he ended up facing two different law suits.

Possibly the thing that impressed me most about the movie is the way it manages to portray almost everybody sympathetically. You care about, and can empathise with, almost everybody.

Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.