October 2010 films

This month has been a little better for watching movies - we've even started to make some decent headway in watching some of the movies that have been sitting waiting to be watched for, erm, about 2 years now (hence the rather wide range of horror movies on the list - those were the ones we'd, for the most part, been avoiding). We've also managed a couple of visits to the cinema:
  • The Happening (2008) - 3 stars
  • Cats & Dogs (2001) - 2.5 stars
  • Gran Torino (2008) - 3.5 stars
  • The Ring II (2005) - 2.5 stars
  • Surf's Up (2007) - 3 stars
  • The Reaping (2007) - 2.5 stars
  • The Town (2010) - 4 stars
  • Superbad (2007) - 2.5 stars
  • Saw II (2005) - 3 stars
  • In Good Company (2004) - 4.5 stars
  • Looking for Eric (2009) - 3 stars
  • Harry Brown (2009) - 3 stars
  • The Full Monty (1997) - 5 stars
  • Tamara Drewe (2010) - 3.5 stars
Unfortunately though, all that catching up has meant a lot of very average movies with nothing much to say about them. Film of the Month is easy though - The Full Monty wins it hands-down for it's humour, longevity and general ability to make me happy to watch it many times over. Film not to waste your time on is harder - whilst there are many mediocre movies here, none of them are truly dire. But if I am forced to pick, I guess I would have to say Cats & Dogs. Whilst it begins positively enough, it gets tiring quickly, and is very in-your-face indeed. A bit too much if you're not 6.

Film of the Month: The Full Monty
Film not to waste your time on: Cats & Dogs

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.