Wednesday 29th September 2010

The Omen

Director: John Moore
Year: 2006
Stars: Liev Schreiber, Julia Stiles, Seamus Davey-Fitzpatrick, Mia Farrow, David Thewlis

Another film from the bottom of our "not-yet-watched" list. Wednesday evenings seem to be turning into a good time to watch these! Before I begin, I have to say I love the original Omen. It's a great story, truly creepy and, even after repeated viewings, still has the ability to make me jump.

This is the remake. You might be able to tell where I'm going with this. In fairness to the film, it's not awful. It follows the original fairly faithfully, but it just doesn't have the same creepy tone. The kid's not as creepy, the atmosphere's not as dark, and, well, it just tries too hard. Watchable, but not the horror film it wants to be.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.