Sunday 26th September 2010

300

Director: Zack Snyder
Year: 2006
Stars: Gerard Butler, Lena Headey, Dominic West

I avoided watching this at the cinema because of the reviews, which stated the special effects were what you expected, but the storyline, dialogue and everything else left something to be desired. They weren't wrong.

300 follows King Leonidas, a Greek warrior, as he leads (you guessed it) 300 of his men into war against a huge Persian army. There are plot holes, but the fact that the movie is based upon history means the story is better than it could be. That doesn't excuse, however, the terrible dialogue and the common forays into what I can only imagine were a 12-year-old boys wet dreams.

If I had wanted to truly enjoy the spectacle that 300 is, I should have seen this at the cinema. If I wanted a good movie with great dialogue and a decent narrative, I should have avoided it all costs. Personally, I'm glad I didn't pay to see this at a cinema.

Rating: 2 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.