Sunday 26th September 2010

Hercules

Director: Ron Clements, Jon Musker
Year: 1997
Stars: Tate Donovan, Danny DeVito, James Woods, Susan Egan

Another Channel 5, Sunday afternoon Disney premiere. There were a fair few of these a couple of months back, but they seemed to have stopped over the summer. Well, they appear to be back - and as I have no objections to watching a cartoon at 5.30pm on a Sunday, I expect I'll continue to watch them.

This movie tells the story of Hercules, and what happens to him when he ends up being turned into a mortal by Hades at a very young age.

This is everything you would expect from a Disney movie - nothing more, nothing less. The songs are OK but not amazing, the animation is fine but nothing stunning, and the story is engaging but nothing more. Better than a mediocre movie, but there's not a lot to distinguish this from all the other Disney movies out there.

Rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.