Saturday 10th July 2010

Ghostbusters

Director: Ivan Reitman
Year: 1984
Stars: Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, Sigourney Weaver, Rick Moranis

I have a (minor) confession to make. I've not see this movie for years, and when I did see it last, I was really young - so can't say I had a truly good memory of the film. So when it was on TV I figured it was time I watched it "properly" so I could actually remember the plot!

I can't believe there's anybody out there who doesn't know the basic Ghostbusters plot (even I knew this bit), but just in case... it's about three men who set up a company to, you've got it, bust some ghosts (or at least catch and trap them).

There's a reason so many people love this movie, and it's become something of a modern classic. It's because its fun, has a decent plot and some great characters, but is also mad enough to make you laugh at how insane everything is. One thing I did remember from watching it when younger was the sense of enjoyment and fun the film gives, and that definitely still holds true. Even if some of the special effects look a bit naff in today's CGI/ 3D world.

Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.