Sunday 4th July

Be Kind Rewind

Director: Michael Gondry
Year: 2008
Stars: Jack Black, Mos Def, Danny Glover

What an odd movie. I have to say I've never seen anything with a concept like this before.

Mike works in a video store. One day his best friend (Black) gets an electric shock, and manages to wipe all the tapes in the store. This leads to the pair of them creating their own versions of all the movies.

At first it seems to make no sense - why would people believe these are the real movies? Turns out, thankfully, they don't. There is very definitely a Hollywood sense here though that anyone could make a good movie. I'm not convinced they're right. This is by no means a bad movie, but it's not a good one either. It's just, well, odd. And a bit random.

Rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.