Saturday 12th June 2010

Death on the Nile

Director: John Guillermin
Year: 1978
Stars: Peter Ustinov, David Niven, Jane Birkin, Bette Davis, Lois Chiles, Mia Farrow, Simon MacCorkindale, Angela Lansbury, Maggie Smith, George Kennedy, Olivia Hussey, Jon Finch

If you have seen any Agatha Christie adaptations in the past, this will come as no surprise. It has the standard build up to a murder, the murder, the investigation of the myriad of characters who all had a motive, and the final showdown in the salon/ dining room/ parlour.

Having said that, it's (for the most part) a well acted film, it has a decent storyline and if, like me, you've not seen or read many Agatha Christie novels, you'll probably find it reasonably difficult to guess the ending. A pleasant diversion on a Saturday afternoon!

Rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.