Friday 11th June 2010

The Sentinel

Director: Clark Johnson
Year: 2006
Stars: Michael Douglas, Kiefer Sutherland, Eva Longoria

I admit, the main reason I wanted to watch this movie is because Kiefer Sutherland is in it. And, for me, he is the best thing in this movie. That's because the rest of it is pretty rubbish.

The plot is your typical action thriller - a Secret Service agent is wrongly accused of trying to kill the President, and he has to prove it wasn't him by finding who the real mole is.

There's very little in the way of thrills in this movie - everything that happens is obvious, and it doesn't tend to happen very fast. There are more explosions and gunshots (and more excitement) in a single episode of 24 - of which this is a bad imitation. Not really worth your time, unless you've never seen an action thriller before and want to learn the basics. Or you fancy one of the leads - but even then, there are better things to watch with them in.

Rating: 1.5 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.