Monday 31st May

National Treasure: Book of Secrets

Director: Jon Turteltaub
Year: 2007
Stars: Nicolas Cage, Justin Bartha, Diane Kruger, Jon Voight, Helen Mirren, Ed Harris

Hmm - 2 Nicolas Cage films in less than a week? Am I that much of a fan? Well, I don't dislike the guy, but he's not on my top 5 actors list either... it just seems to work out that way sometimes!

To be fair, with this film I knew what I was getting. I'd seen the first movie and was pretty sure I was in for some fun action scenes and car chases, with a vague excuse for a plot to keep things running along nicely. Which (fortunately or unfortunately, depending upon your point of view) was what I got.

I have to admit I fell asleep for 15 or 20 mins near the beginning, so I may have missed some (relatively pointless) plot explanation, but it still seemed hazy to me why the characters were running around doing certain things. But then, you're not meant to worry about that. There were car chases, the President was kidnapped and scenes with treasure (think Indiana Jones and you're there), and surely that's all that matters?

Rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.