May 2010 films

It's been a very quiet month movie-wise. Mainly because I've just been busy doing other things. So busy, in fact, that I've only just found time to blog about 3 of the 5 movies I did manage to see! But there were things like Lost and Flash Forward and 24 finales to watch, quite frankly...

Anyway, onto the (rather short) list, which somehow still manage to be a combination of cinema visits, TV viewings and DVDs:
  • National Treasure: Book of Secrets (2007) - 3 stars
  • The Bad Lieutenant - Port of Call: New Orleans (2010) - 3 stars
  • Hot Tub Time Machine (2010) - 2.5 stars
  • Run Fatboy Run (2007) - 3 stars
  • The Kite Runner (2007) - 4 stars
From this list, Film of the Month is easy. The Kite Runner wins hands down. Whilst not quite as good as the book, it's a pretty faithful adaptation and easily has the most interesting plot of the five.

Film not to waste your time on is harder. I haven't had any time to waste on truly awful films this month, so everything else has just been pretty average. From star ratings though, Hot Tub Time Machine just loses out. Not a bad movie (and unlikely to make Worst Film of the Year), but there's not a lot to recommend it either.

Film of the Month: The Kite Runner
Film not to waste your time on: Hot Tub Time Machine

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.