Sunday 4th April 2010

Eragon

Director: Stefen Fangmeier
Year: 2006
Stars: Ed Speleers, Jeremy Irons, Robert Carlyle, John Malkovich, Rachel Weisz (voice)

I wasn't expecting a lot from this - I just wanted an excuse to stop and watch something easy on an Easter Sunday! This probably worked in my favour, as although the film was clearly geared towards 12 year old boys, my low expectations meant that I quite enjoyed it.

The story follows Eragon, a boy who becomes a dragon rider when a dragon chooses to hatch for him. Dragon riders haven't been known of for years, so he has to work with his dragon to defeat the bad guys, with the help of a number of other characters.

Yes, it really is that simple. Aimed at 12 year old boys, remember? There are lots of special effects and some cheesy moments, but as a distraction on a lazy day, you could do worse.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.