Monday 5th April

In Her Shoes

Director: Curtis Hanson
Year: 2005
Stars: Cameron Diaz, Toni Collette

Turns out I've seen this before. I've had it recorded for a while, but only realised this 30 minutes into watching it. Thankfully, it's not a bad movie (although clearly not that memorable) so I was happy to watch it again.

The film follows two sisters (Collette and Diaz), one of whom is a "sensible" lawyer, the other of whom can't hold down a job and appears to be entirely irresponsible. The film follows the two sisters and the relationship between them as they try to sort out their lives.

This is a sweet film that, although fairly long, makes you want to know what will happen to both sisters. It isn't like a standard romance in that the focus is firmly on the relationship between the sisters rather than any love interest (although, of course, there are some). This makes it an enjoyable, and different, film.

Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.