Sunday 7th February 2010

Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World

Director: Tom Ellery, Bradley Raymond
Year: 1998
Stars: Irene Bedard, Judy Khun, Billy Zane, Donal Gibson

I wasn't expecting a lot from this. Mostly I just wanted something easy to watch on a Sunday afternoon.

The film follows Pocahontas as she meets John Rolfe, and follows him to England to try and stop the King from taking back Jamestown.

It's a good thing I wasn't expecting too much really. This isn't a truly terrible film, but it's not good either. It's like watching a 2-hour long very average children's animation that should be on at 3.30 in the afternoon.

Rating: 2 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.