Sunday 7th February 2010

The September Issue

Director: R.J Cutler
Year: 2009
Stars: Anna Wintour, Anna Carrington

I had read some positive reviews of this, so when I saw it was on TV I figured it was worth a watch. Now I'm not exactly the biggest fan of the fashion industry, but elements of it do intrigue me and if a documentary's well-made, it can make almost any subject seem interesting, regardless of how relevant it is to your life.

The September Issue, for the most part, manages to do this. It follows the editor of Vogue magazine, Anna Wintour, and her in-house stylist Anna Carrington as they prepare the September issue of Vogue.

The film manages to give a pretty good insight into what working for the fashion industry must be like. It's harder to get to know the main protagonists, but from what I saw I have no desire to work in fashion. But then, I never did.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.