Wednesday 4th November 2009

Interview with the Vampire

Director: Neil Jordan
Year: 1994
Stars: Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Kirsten Dunst, Christian Slater

It's been a while since I've watched this. When I first saw it (over 10 years ago now, when I was still at school) I loved it - as did a number of my friends. So when I saw it was being shown on TV, quite late at night when I didn't have to be up early the next day, I grabbed my chance to watch it again.

The plot follows two vampires, Louis and Lestat. Lestat creates Louis, and Interview with the Vampire tells the tale of how Louis comes to terms with being a vampire. Based on Anne Rice's book, the best thing about this film is very possibly Kirsten Dunst - she's excellent in it, making you believe she's truly far older than 12. It's just a shame she hasn't gone on to surpass it since.

The film is still excellent. It kept me gripped for the entire two hours, even though I knew what was about to happen. That's a feat for any film past midnight, as I'm usually very good at falling asleep! An incredibly enjoyable (if a little gory) film, that I'd happily watch again.

Rating: 5 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.