Friday 6th November 2009

Venom

Director: Jim Gillespie
Year: 2005
Stars: Agnes Bruckner, Jonathan Jackson, Rick Cramer

I didn't intend to watch this. It was just on quite late on a Friday night when I was failing to do anything else.

This is not a good film. It's a stereotypical, by-the-numbers cheap Hollywood horror movie, made (probably very quickly) simply to make money. A man in small town America ends up getting bitten by snakes and embodying a number of serial killers. I guessed the ending, and exactly which characters were going to die and how, in the first ten minutes.

None of this is to say this is the worst film I've ever seen. After all, I managed to watch it to the end. As long as you know exactly what to expect, and aren't expecting anything other than your bog standard Hollywood horror, you won't exactly be disappointed - just unsurprised.

Rating: 2 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.