Sunday 8th November 2009

The Aristocats

Director: Wolfgang Reitherman
Year: 1970
Stars: Phil Harris, Eva Gabor (voices)

OK, I confess - I've never seen this. Probably mostly due to it never having been on terrestrial TV (not sure why, but apparently today's Channel 5 showing was a premiere).

The plot follows Duchess and her three kittens as they are kidnapped from their Parisisan mansion and left to fend for themselves in the French countryside.

It really is a great Disney classic, with cute animals, memorable songs and a sweet storyline. Very definitely a children's movie, Dan and I both still enjoyed it as adults. A Disney film made when Disney was great.

Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.