Saturday 10th January

The World's Fastest Indian

Director: Roger Donaldson
Year: 2005
Stars: Anthony Hopkins

This may be about the world's fastest under 1000cc motorbike, but it is most definitely not the world's fastest film. It has it's moments, but overall it is really rather slow.

The film is about Burt Munro, an old New Zealand man who is determined to take his 1920s Indian motorcycle to the salt lakes in Utah to see how fast it can really go. Based on a true story, Burt is actually rather a hard character to like. Although either this wasn't true in real life or Americans have a funny sort of character that they like, as (almost) everybody in the film seems to become quite attached to Burt.

Had the film been a little shorter it may have worked - but then, just to add to the annoyance, Anthony Hopkins' Kiwi accent is awful. He's either trying to be Welsh or from Devon, but it's certainly not from New Zealand.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.