Friday 16th January

Scary Movie 4

Director: David Zucker
Year: 2006
Stars: Anna Faris, Craig Bierko, Leslie Nielson, Regina Hall

The TV guide claimed that this movie was "in bad taste... and not funny". Mostly, that's true. But having seen Scary Movies 1-3 and found them vaguely enjoyable (even, at times, properly funny), I thought it was worth a watch. Besides, what better to do at midnight than watch a brain-numbing movie on TV?

Turns out the TV guide was right - but somehow that didn't make me hate Scary Movie 4. It was mostly in bad taste - but then, how can you get any less tasteful than movies like Saw really? (A good horror movie, yes. Sick? Definitely). Movies like that do deserve to get jokes written about them, I feel.

The jokes here are mostly silly, but my mood meant that watching people get hit in the face with basketballs, or struck by lightning (twice) made me laugh. Sorry about that.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.