January 2015 films

Somehow I've managed to watch five movies this month. This is something of a feat for me at the moment - about a movie a week! This is almost certainly a result of it still being the Christmas holidays at the beginning of the month, and me going on maternity in the middle of the month (and the baby still not having arrived yet - somewhat different to last time, but that's OK - she still has 2+ weeks to go before she's considered late...). In fact, if you look at the list below I watched the first 3 movies in the first 5 days of January.

So, without further ado, what were these movies and how much did I enjoy them?
  • Frozen (2013) - 2.5 stars
  • Bad Teacher (2011) - 2 stars
  • Sinister (2015) - 3 staie.
  • The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (2014) - 3.5 stars
  • The Muppets (2011) - 4 stars
So, no awful movies on this list; but nothing mind-blowing either. Film of the Month is pretty easy - The Muppets was clearly the most enjoyable movie on this list. It's a fun, jolly, easy-to-watch romp with some memorable (but not horrendously annoying - see Frozen) songs.

Film not to waste your time on isn't too hard either. As I said, most movies on the list above are pretty average - but Bad Teacher stands out as the worst one on the list. A annoying movie with frustrating characters and very few redeeming qualities. I don't really understand what you're meant to like about this movie.

Film of the Month: The Muppets
Film not to waste your time: Bad Teacher

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.