Kung Fu Panda

Monday 29th September 2014

Director: Mark Osborne, John Stevenson
Year: 2008
Stars: Jack Black, Dustin Hoffman, Angelina Jolie, Ian McShane, Jackie Chan, Seth Rogen, Lucy Liu, David Cross (voices)

This wasn't a movie I really intended to watch, although I was aware of it and had a vague interest in seeing it when it was first released. Kung Fu Panda just happened to be on when we were staying at a cottage in North Devon for a few days. It therefore seemed like a good opportunity to sit down and relax one evening.

As long as you're not expecting too much, Kung Fu Panda is quite enjoyable. Po the Panda (Black) dreams of being a kung fu master, and ends up getting his chance when he is picked as the Dragon Warrior. However, things aren't usually that easy, and Po has basically none of the skills needed to become the Dragon Warrior. Needless to say, the other kung fu fighters aren't happy about this state of affairs. Neither is Po's dad.

Now, this is an animated children's movie, so I'm sure you've already worked out that things turn out for the best. You know basically what's coming every step of the way, but that's no great surprise with a movie like this. An easy watch if you know what you're getting yourself in to.

Rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.