Frankenweenie

Tuesday 21st October 2014

Director: Tim Burton
Year: 2012
Stars: Catherine O'Hara, Martin Short, Martin Landau, Charlie Tahan, Atticus Shaffer, Winona Ryder (voices)

Another movie from our netflix trial, I had wanted to see Frankenweenie when it was released at the cinema back in 2012. Unfortunately, we had a 2-month old child at the time, so cinema visits were (and still are) rare.

Frankenweenie, directed by Tim Burton, tells the tale of Victor Frankenstein (Tahan), a boy whose dog (Sparky) dies in a car accident. Discovering that you can use lightning to bring things back to life, Victor manages to return Sparky to the living. But this being a Tim Burton movie, that's just the start of the story. Queue all sorts of weird and wonderful characters, and their previously dead pets, causing havoc on the town that keeps getting struck by lightning.

As usual with Tim Burton movies, I wasn't disappointed. I think you either love them or you hate them. I love the blend of black humour, oddness and enjoyment that comes with them. A great way to spend a spare hour and a half.

Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.