The Little Mermaid

Sunday 13th April 2014

Director: Ron Clements, John Musker
Year: 1989
Stars: Jodi Benson, Pat Carroll, Buddy Hackett, Jason Marin, Kenneth Mars (voices)

I have a confession to make. Although I have seen The Little Mermaid, I've never really watched it properly. Being at a friend's house with nothing better to do on a Sunday morning, I sat down to watch this - and realised that I didn't really know the story. So this time, I paid attention. And really enjoyed the movie - as I should.

For those of you who, like me, don't know the story (or didn't, until a week ago), Ariel (Benson) is a mermaid who falls in love with a Prince, and makes a deal with a sea-witch in order to become human and meet the Prince on dry land.

Even if you don't know the story, I guarantee you'll know some of the songs. They stick in your head for ages after you hear them.

I imagine you've already seen The Little Mermaid, and know that you love it - especially if you're a child of the '80s. But if you haven't, just go and watch it.

Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.