March 2014 films

It's taken me a while to get around to writing this - a combination of being too busy, not having time to watch films, let alone write about them, and a total failure to realise that it was the end of the month and therefore a monthly review was due. As it turns out though, I did watch a fair few movies in March - of varying levels of quality:
  •  Stand by Me (1986) - 5 stars
  • A History of Violence (2005) - 3 stars
  • Charlie Wilson's War (2007) - 2.5 stars
  • Easy A (2010) - 4 stars
  • Angels and Demons (2009) - 3 stars
  • Beginners (2010) - 2 stars
Film of the Month is so easy. The honour was always going to go to Stand by Me if I chose to watch this movie, being that it's one of my all-time favourites. 

Film not to waste your time on isn't too hard if you look at my ratings either. It goes to Beginners. Which I have to admit I can remember nothing at about without reading my review of it, so I figure it's a just title for the movie to have. (Even reading the review, I'm struggling. Whilst Charlie Wilson's War wasn't a great movie, at least I can remember what it was about).

Film of the Month: Stand by Me
Film not to waste your time on: Beginners

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.