October 2013 films

Unlike many months, I feel I've watched more than enough movies in October to warrant a full review. In total I've watched 6 movies this month, which now feels like a great achievement - that's more than one a week! Without further ado, here is the full list:
  • Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (2009) - 2 stars
  • Ever After: A Cinderella Story (1998) - 4 stars
  • Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps (2010) - 2 stars
  • Finding Nemo (2005) - 5 stars
  • Sahara (2005) - 2 stars
  • The Next Three Days (2010) - 3.5 stars 
As lists go, this isn't a bad one. There are some pretty rubbish movies in here, but they've been tempered with some excellent ones, and the list is at least incredibly varied. 

Film of the Month is so, so easy here. It might be nearly 10 years old, but Finding Nemo is still easily the best movie on this list. I enjoyed re-watching it so much, having not seen it for some time. It's a month later, and I'm still walking round the house mis-quoting the movie ("You think you can do these things Joe, but you just can't").

Film not to Waste Your Time On is a little harder. It's actually really tough to pick my least liked movie from the three 2 star movies on the list above. They've all got some exceptionally bad qualities. However, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs does at least do what it says on the tin - even if I didn't really enjoy it. Sahara is ridiculous, but it's laughably ludicrous. Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps, however, takes itself horribly seriously - resulting in a totally boring, banal movie - and I enjoyed the original. So the dubious honour of Film Not to Waste Your Time On goes to Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps.

Film of the Month: Finding Nemo (and very possibly The Year)
Film Not to Waste your Time On: Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Bristol with my husband Dan (who I married in July 2007), my son Joe (born 2012) and daughter Jess (born 2015). I work at UWE (the University of the West of England) in Bristol as a Research and Open Access Librarian. I'm orginally from Exeter, so moving back to Bristol is a bit like coming home - especially as I studied for my undergraduate degree here (also at UWE). I love travelling and movies, although I get to do a lot less of both since the birth of our children. Although we have still managed to fit in holidays to the Isles of Scilly, Chamonix and a summer in California since Joe was born.